One of my favorite recent projects to work on was the Fall Campaign photo shoot for Cadillac Fairview. I got to work with the most amazing team on this huge production to create stunning images!! Here is a sneak peek at the day in studio. :)
I recently got to work again with my favourite Ottawa based team on this editorial for MINT magazine: stylist Erica Wark, makeup artist Melody Iafelice and hair stylist Kirsty Macdonald, as well as Angie's Model Tara, who did an amazing job. I fell in love with both the 20s to 70s inspired styling, as well as this beautiful Victorian house we shot in! <3
I LOVE when my visions are brought to life. :) I have wanted to shoot this editorial for a while now.. Earlier this week, I teamed up once again with one of my fave makeup artists Alexandre Deslauriers and model Lauryn from Sutherland Models, and for the first time with super talented hair stylist Matthew Lill (P1M) and fashion stylist Joelle Litt (Judy Inc). I got to capture the amazing looks put together by the team at some beautiful locations around The Beaches. Huge thanks to Neda Ahmad for following us around and capturing those behind the scenes. Full editorial coming soon!
I had such a fun time shooting this new story in Gatineau Park with the beautiful Stephanie and Ottawa based makeup artist Taryn Miller! Featured in SOME magazine's latest issue.
So much fun this past weekend shooting fashion editorials at the studio! I teamed up with some of my favorite creative people in the industry: makeup and hair stylist Alexandre Deslauriers, stylist Lea Krpan, new face Inde from Sutherland Models, and Tye, also from Sutherland, for a "Old Hollywood" inspired men's editorial. Then I teamed up again with Lea and makeup artist Irene Sy for three other editorials with 3 up and coming Spot 6 Managements models. Here are a few behind the scenes shots!
I recently had a few aspiring photographers asking me for my opinion on what it takes to make it as a fashion photographer. So I decided to put the following list together :
- As a fashion photographer, we have to be out there. Social media is great for reaching out to people, but meeting people in person is a totally different thing. If people can meet you and put a face to your name, you will be remembered so much more.
Collaborating & Creating Good Relationships
- Collaborating is so important for all types of artists. And creating good relationships with people you work well with is just as crucial. It is those relationships that will be beneficial to you in the long run. Make friends in the industry and you will never stop getting work.
- Unfortunately for some, the city you are based in is extremely important for fashion photographers. As for anyone that wants to specialize in the fashion industry. It is a business that is centered around specific cities across the world, such as NYC, London, Tokyo, Berlin, Milan, LA etc. So you need to be willing to relocate if you are from a smaller town or city if you want your career to expand.
- A great photographer is an artist who is constantly looking to learn new things. A never-ending curiosity is one of the best qualities you can have, which will get you far.
Long Term Vision / Goal
- What do you really want to do? Do you see yourself shooting fashion for the rest of your life? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen? I think that a photographer can only really make it in the fashion industry if he sees no other way of living his life. Becoming a fashion photographer has to be a must, it can't just be a maybe.
- You have to love what you do, and everything that it includes. You just have to. It has to be part of you, and it has to become something you cannot live without. Yes, it is work, but it also your hobby, and your passion. Passion is your most powerful asset. With this, there is nothing you can't achieve.
Over the years, I have also come to realize that nobody should be "trying too hard" in order to make it big. If you expect things to come to you right away, you might be up for a surprise. Everything comes with time. And a lot in this industry is about timing. So be patient, keep working hard, and most importantly, HAVE FUN. :)
Today was a blast at the studio! I teamed up with super talented ladies Melanie Rose and Amanda Fox for a 1970's inspired fashion editorial with the one and only Paul Mason. Stay tuned for the full editorial out soon! Thanks to the best assistant Anastasija Smirnova for these behind the scenes shots :)
Yesterday I got back in studio with my first fashion editorial of 2015. Days like this are without any question my favourites! We shot this vintage theme creative with incredible styling from everyone in the team : stylist Amanda Fox, hair stylist Daniel Fortunato, makeup artist Ana Sorys and model Emily Fox (NEXT Canada), who was just amazing in front of the camera. And special thanks to my wonderful assistant Anastasija Smirnova for taking these behind the scenes shots! :)
#BTS today's #editorial #shoot let me see you #work ! #photographer @tinapicardphoto #MUA @anasorys #stylist @amandafoxley #hairstylist @dannyfortunato #secondshooter @stasia_photo #styling #stylistlife #fashionstylist #fashion @dvf #gown #beauty #redhair #redhairdontcare #teamred #ginger #gingerlife #yyz #toronto #sequins #eveningwear #glitz #regal #ethereal #styledbyafox